Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Taxonomies are not displayed.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by FRANCESCOD7762 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
SiteGround_Staging_Site_No-Toolset-Taxonomies.PNG
Cloudways_Live_Site_Toolset-Taxonomies.PNG

None of the Toolset CPT taxonomies display anywhere : not on the admin dashboard as submenu items of a CPT menu (Oeuvres)

Did not find anything on this issue specifically

See attached screen shots of the Cloudways Live site and of the Siteground staging site

hidden link . It is a staging site on SiteGround hosting service. It has been migrated from recently from Cloudways hosting.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Francesco,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Does the same occur on the original version of the site that you are migrating it from?

Also how was the migration done ? Finally I would highly recommend that you do the migration using a plugin that was designed for this such as the one in the link below.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Sometime when a website is migrated errors can occur when reconnecting the database and changing the values to match the new website location.

So I would recommend re-migrating the site if the original doesn't have this issue.

Also what you can do is to run some basic debugging steps such as to disable the non-toolset plugins and change to a default wordpress theme to check again to see if the issue still remains.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,
Thank you for your prompt response.

1.- Does the same occur on the original version of the site that you are migrating it from?
- No the original site displays the Toolset CPT Taxonomies correctly

2.- How was the migration done?
- professionnally by the SiteGround Transfer team : they use their own SiteGround Migrator plugin, and the database was custom exported by them, in order to convert the DB Charset encoding to utf8mb4
- this process actually resolved 3 other issues : the wrong display of the French special characters, the non-functionning of the Weglot plugin translations (FR to EN), and the not showing of the core settings of the GiveWP Donations plugin
- but the Toolset CPT Taxonomies still do not display correctly : it is still the same as I described in my first post of this ticket

Now the SiteGround Support team tells me that the WordPress version on the atelierdegrandi.ch site on SiteGround is 5.5 : on the original site on Cloudways, it is 5.4.2. Could this version change cause the issue ?

I have another suspicion :
- the atelierdegrandi.ch site on SiteGround is not Live yet : the atelierdegrandi.ch site on Cloudways is Live, - and has to stay Live until all issues on Site>ground are resolved-
- further, the atelierdegrandi.ch site on Cloudways is registered in our Toolset account with the URL : hidden link, and the DNS A records at our Swiss Registrar point to the Cloudways server (95.179.247.227)
- the the atelierdegrandi.ch site on Siteground has the exact same Url, but no DNS A record is pointing to the SiteGround server (35.214.163.217) at this point
- so, I have the suspicion that Toolset cannot connect to this SiteGround site, in order to validate the registrationof the plugins, and consequently some of the Toolset plugins do not work properly

Am I right ?

In order to look into this further I am about to do the following steps on Siteground, in order to use the staging site on Siteground to test the issue and give access to the Toolset validation/registration process, and also give you direct access, since that staging site will be referenced by a DNS A record and will be "Live" :

1.- destroy the existing staging site for atelierdegrandi.ch on Siteground (it's database encoding format is not OK)

2.- create a new staging site : staging3.atelierdegrandi.ch

3.- update the staging site's DNS A record at our Registrar in Switzerland, so that the staging site is accessible by Toolset, in order to validate the plugins

4.- if the Toolset issue persists, check again with the Toolset Support team

5.- if all is OK, then do a Full deploy from the staging site to the atelierdegrandi.ch main site

6.- verify all features of the main site : specifically the copying over of the GiveWP settings, which was the reason we decided to migrate from Coudways...

7.- if all OK, update the DNS A records of the main site , in order to launch it Live

8.- verify features again and register with Google Analytics

I will keep you informed of the results at step 4, and give you the credentials to access the staging site directly, if necessary.

Meanwhile, thank you for giving me your feedback on this post.
Best regards,
Franceso

Hi Shane,

Here are the credentials for you to access the staging site on SiteGround, with admin permissions :

The Tooset CPT Taxonomies still do not display properly (see may first post on theis ticket).
The hidden link site is registered on our Toolset account properly.

Also, in the Views (exhibitions' custom search) where the taxonomies are used, they do not display completely :
- hidden link
- there should be a 5th dropdown for the "Genre" taxonomy
- in the description under each image, the empty line is the one which should display the value of that "Genre" taxonomy.
- you can compare the same page onthe original site on Cloudways :
hidden link

Thank you for helping us with this crucial issue.
Best regards,
Francesco

Shane
Supporter

Hi Francesco,

Thank you for the credentials for the site. I managed to resolve the issue. Given that the data for the taxonomy was already in the Database all I did was to recreate the taxonomy with the exact name and slug and it started showing up on the backend again.

What you can do is to go to the taxonomy settings and ensure that i've assigned the taxonomy to the correct Custom Post Types as I did it based on the post types that were selected by the view.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Brilliant ! You did it...
I did the same process for all the other Toolset CPT taxonomies and they all show up !

Thank you very much for showing me the way.
Please keep thisticket open still, because I have to check a few more things on that migrated site.

Best regards,
Francesco

Shane
Supporter

Hi Francesco,

Happy I was able to assist you with this one.

You can respond with an update in at least 5 days to give me an update so the ticket doesn't automatically close.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

After getting the solution from you, to make the Toolset Taxonomies display properly, I checked all links on the staging site hidden link : all are functionning correctly.

Then, I decided to do a Full Deploy from the staging site hidden link to the main site hidden link (not Live yet) :
- on the main site hidden link, NOT ALL LINKS WORK PROPERLY . There are now broken links :
- the submenus of the "Collection" menu all get a 404
- and the same links from other pages also get a 404
- all the other menus, submenus and page links work correctly

The Elementor Single Templates for Toolset Custom Types targeted by theses links are all still there : they did not move anywhere else...

What happened ? What can I do to :
- test this issue deeper ?
- repair those links ?

Thank you for helping us with this issue
Best regards,
Francesco

Hi Shane,

The broken links issue was resolved, just by saving the WP general settings (permalinks)... I should have known...
Sorry for having bothered you with this.

So the main issue of this ticket is resolved.

Thank you for your efficient help.
Best regards,
Francesco

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.