Skip Navigation

[Resolved] taxonomien as listing in Custom Field groups

This support ticket is created 7 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Author
taxonomien in listing 1.PNG

I am trying to:

ad an taxonomie like the "Spielzeit" to an Custom Field group. but there is no way. I have instead to use an post field that is called "Select". Why is there not a why to gave the "Select" Field the data from an taxonomie of wordpress? For now this listing are hard coded. Taxonomie are able to edit from the user. Will we see this with types 2.3? Because you working there on the repeating fields. Can I have an "deve" version of types 2.3.
thanks for help Henryk

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Henry,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Unfortunately this would not be possible as you will need to hardcode the list or get some custom code to populate the list automatically.

Taxonomies are kept separate as they are meant to be used differently than custom fields. Having the same items in 2 different lists would be overlapping the functionality 🙁

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

I would recommend continue using the Custom fields if this is how you intend to use them.

acf_taxonomien_listing_1.PNG
taxonomien_listing_1.PNG
taxonomien_listing.PNG

Hi Shane,

but about listing that are have to edit by users? they have to use taxonomies.
For my jobwebpage meerjobs.de I have used the hidden link
from mike jolly (woocommerce ). And the plugin.
hidden link
there you can use the taxonomies for the meta fields.
"Having the same items in 2 different lists would be overlapping the functionality "
but the taxonomie could use only for the Select.
I can send you the wp-job-manager-field-editor to see how it is working. So you can make a future request by your developers. I can not believe that no one ever needed this feature.

hidden link
and some screenshots. And ACF Pro is doing this as of 2014. So I can not believe that.

thanks Henryk

Shane
Supporter

Hi Henry,

What I can do for you is to make a feature request for this if you like.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,
yes please make feature request for this!
thanks for help.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.