Skip Navigation

[Resolved] taxonmony

This support ticket is created 7 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by randiT 7 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I think I may be making this scenero more difficult than it needs to be but I can't figure out how to accomplish this:

I have a post type titled Apartments. I have a taxonomy associated with Apartments called Neighborhoods.

On an apartment page I want to display specific text depending upon the Apartments neighborhood.

What steps would I take to accomplish this?

Thanks so much in advance for ideas, help and support.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Randi,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Let me see how best I can assist with this one 🙂

From your post I gather that you will like to display information on the Neighbourhood on the Apartment page itself correct?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi:

Thanks for the quick followup.

Yes that is correct. The neighborhood content to display is dependant upon the neighborhood taxonomy.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Screen Shot 2016-05-12 at 2.37.34 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-05-12 at 2.36.53 PM.png

Hi Randi,

Thank you for confirming.

What you can do is to use our views plugin to do this.

With our views plugin you are able to create a view and place it on the page so that it will list out the information of the current page taxonomy.

Given that you have the Views plugin installed you can just follow the instructions in the link below.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/querying-and-displaying-child-posts/

The steps are the exact same and the only things you will do is instead of selecting a post to display you will select a taxonomy.

Also when you reach to the filter section you will add a filter similarly to the one in my screenshot.

Next you will populate the view Loop output section with the information for the taxonomy using the loop wizard. See Screenshot.

Finally all you need to do next is to add this view to the page.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Thanks for the valuable details. It worked!

But I now have a new problem related to this.

I created two views. One to display taxonomy field group 1 which displays on the page. A second to display taxonomy field group 2 in a "Read More" pop up.

When I just have one used it works. But when I use both just one of them works. Could this be due to the "limit" or "offset" numbers?

Here is my first short code for View 1:

[wpv-view name="view-for-chicago-apartment-neighborhood-data" limit="-1" offset="0"]

Here is my short code for View 2 (a Read More pop up):

<div style="display block"><button class="btn btn-primary btn-sm" style="background-color: #EEE; text-align: center; vertical-align: middle; font-size: 16px; color: #242424; border: 1px solid #fff;" data-toggle="modal" data-target="#myModal"><br>
READ MORE <i class="fa fa-caret-right" aria-hidden="true"></button></div>
<div class="modal fade" id="myModal" tabindex="-1" role="dialog" aria-labelledby="myModalLabel" aria-hidden="true">
<div class="modal-dialog">
<div class="modal-content">
<div class="modal-header">
<button type="button" class="close" data-dismiss="modal"><br>
<span aria-hidden="true">×</span><br>
<span class="sr-only">Close</span><br>
</button><p></p>
<h4 class="modal-title" id="myModalLabel">[wpv-post-taxonomy type='neighborhood' format='name']</h4>
</div>
<div class="modal-body">
[wpv-view name="chicago-apartment-neighborhood-pop-up-data" limit="-1" offset="0"]</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

Hello:

I figured it out and it is working beautifully. Thanks again for everything!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.