Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Tag Cloud with Toolset?

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ThorstenS967 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi,
is it possible, to realize a Tag cloud like at the page on the following link (the header mit the words in the red boxes) with Toolset?
hidden link

If yes, how can it be lealized?

Thanks
Thorsten

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Thorsten,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Actually you can create a search with your custom field tags, however our Display options are limited to Checkboxes and Select Field.

You can try using the checkbox option and use css and some custom code to setup your checkboxes like a tag cloud. The custom code to create this would be out of the scope of our support forum, so I wouldn't be able to provide much assistance with getting this done.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,
thanks for the info. I have anotehr question. I don't unerstand if with the new Toolset Blocks Plugin the Views Plugin is still needed? Because if I want to download the Views Plugin it shows up under "Legacy plugins". So if I want to create views, do I still nead the Views plugin or will views be realized with the Toolset Blocks plugin?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Thorsten,

Essentially Views and Blocks are the same plugin, however Blocks is geared towards a more user interface improvements when it comes to creating views. Anything that you can do in Views, you can still do it in Blocks.

If you even want the classic editor back in Blocks you can even enable it by going to Toolset -> Setting and scrolling to editing experience.

So if I want to create views, do I still need the Views plugin or will views be realized with the Toolset Blocks plugin?

You won't need the Views plugin if you have Blocks installed. Also if you've created any view with our Views plugin they will still be available with our Blocks plugin.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.