Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Tabs not working with Avada

This support ticket is created 7 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by leonardC 7 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
tabs text.png

I am trying to:
Use tabs on a layout

I visited this URL:
hidden link

I expected to see:
The tabs with either tabs or buttons

Instead, I got:
The tabs shows as text links.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - When you try to create tabs using tabs cell and when you try to add a new tabs cell the tabs popup will allow you to select the option how you want to display the tabs. Please check following screenshot:
=> hidden link

You should select your desired option and try to resolve your issue.

Hi Minesh

I have tried both options(tabs & buttons) but still have the same problem.

I also created a clean page with this layout and still the same.

As soon as I choose the Toolset Starter theme it works without changing any settings on the page.

Thanks
Leonard

Shane
Supporter

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Leonard,

Minesh has assigned this ticket to me 🙂

Would you mind providing me with a copy of the AVADA theme to test locally with a fresh copy of Toolset ?

The private fields will be enabled so that you can provide me with a copy.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Private fields

Shane
Supporter

Hi Leonard,

Thank you.

I'll let you know as soon as possible when I've tested this and what are the results.

If it doesn't work I would need to escalate this to our 2nd tier supporters for further debugging.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Leonard,

I was able to see the issue but it was simply because bootstrap wasn't being loaded.

What I would recommend that you do is to download our latest Layouts Beta and activate the bootstrap setting there.

The latest Beta can be downloaded from the page below.
https://toolset.com/download/layouts-beta/

Once you have done that then you go to Toolset -> Settings -> General -> Bootstrap Layouts and select the option "Toolset should load Bootstrap 3.0" after which your tabs should start showing.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane

Thanks. The tabs are working now but I get the following error when I try to edit a layout.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method WPV_Editor_addon::render_shortcodes_wrapper_dialogs() in /home/superblo/public_html/trooptravel.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/embedded/inc/classes/wpv-shortcode-generator.php on line 76

Thanks
Leonard

Shane
Supporter

Hi Leonard,

I must apologize as I forgot to mention that you should download the Views Beta version as well to maintain compatibility.

https://toolset.com/download/views-beta/

This should resolve your issue 🙂

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane

Thanks, that works now.

I do however have an issue with the maps on the Tabs. You can see it here:
hidden link

I have a map field on each tab and the one on the second does not work when you enter an address.

If the two maps are on the same page without tabs it works fine.

Is this maybe to do with the beta plugins?

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Hi Leonard,

As we were able to resolve the initial issue of the Layouts Tab not working on Avada, it would be best to open a new ticket to handle this second request in that ticket.

This is to help keep things organized .

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks Shane, will do.

Hi Shane

This fix that you gave me works for the tabs but it brakes some of the theme functionality.

When I now load a modal form it closes immediately. From doing some research it seems like this happens when the bootstrap is loaded twice.

If I uncheck the option : "Toolset should load Bootstrap 3.0" my form starts working again but the tabs then stop working.

Please help.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.