Skip Navigation

[Closed] Table-Based Grid Displaying Images In Different Sizes If Text Underneath – Why?

This support ticket is created 7 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 7 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
With text - different sizes.PNG
Image Only.PNG

Hi there,

I am having the same problem as this person in this post:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/grid-images/

Using a table-based grid with 4 columns, I wanted to display an image with a link underneath. I used the following code:
<a href="[wpv-post-url]">[wpv-post-featured-image size='custom' width='100' height='180']</a>
[wpv-post-link style='display:block; font-size:11px;']

When I use this code, all the images are different sizes despite having set a custom size. Please see attached image.

When I remove the link and only have the image on display (as advised in the previous post), they are all the same size. Why is this?

Why can I not have any text displayed along with my image? Is there a solution to this?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Screen Shot 2016-11-18 at 09.19.06.png

Hi Chantal

I have been trying to reproduce the problem but have been unable to (see screenshot).

Do your featured images have the same aspect ratio?

When you specify a custom size with the wpv-post-featured-image shortcode, if that size image doesn't exist it will generate it, but unless you specify crop, the generated images won't necessarily be that size, depending on whether the aspect ratio of the source image matches the aspect ratio of your custom size.

Which means that the image sizes shipped to the browser won't necessarily match.

Without seeing your source images I'm not sure if that is the problem, but if the aspect ratio of the featured images isn't the same in all cases, you should consider setting the crop options.

For details see: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-shortcodes/#wpv-post-featured-image

Let me know if that doesn't help.

The topic ‘[Closed] Table-Based Grid Displaying Images In Different Sizes If Text Underneath – Why?’ is closed to new replies.