Skip Navigation

[Resolved] "Submit this form without reloading the page (use AJAX)" – Not Working

This support ticket is created 3 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 22 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 3 years ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

That's good to know. Thank you. hidden link

Same as the last one, I leave it up for 12 hours or until you've told me it's been downloaded.

I've got it downloaded - feel free to delete now. I'm in the process of installing, I'll update you shortly.

Okay I see the problem, and I can replicate it on a clean local test site when a specific combination of configurations is set for an Edit Form. Specifically, if the "Submit this form without reloading the page (use AJAX)" option is active and the "Use the WordPress Media Library manager for image, video, audio, or file fields " option is NOT active, a JavaScript error is thrown during the Form validation process when editing a post that contains some image in a custom image field. You can see the error if you set the JavaScript debugger in the browser to pause on exceptions, otherwise, the error is caught and the form is submitted without AJAX. One temporary solution I've found on my local environment is to activate the option "Use the WordPress Media Library manager for image, video, audio, or file fields," though I'm not sure if that option is practical in your case. Let me escalate this to my 2nd tier support team for additional investigation. It may be related to recent updates we made to support WP 5.6. I'll let you know what I find out as soon as possible.

My 2nd tier team has confirmed the issue and is escalating to our developers. I'll keep you posted here as I receive more information.

I can confirm that "Use the WordPress Media Library..." did indeed solve the issue. That will work as a temporary solution, getting me to the next phase, but as you say, it's not always going to be practical, so I'd like to keep this open until the bug is resolved. I appreciate the quick fix though.

Our developers have informed me that the fix for this issue will be included in Forms 2.6.8, which is not the next upcoming release but the following release. I will keep you posted here as I receive more information about that schedule.

Hello, our team is now in the process of pushing out the latest Toolset release. If you have not yet been prompted to update to the latest versions, you may need to go to wp-admin > Plugins > Add New, then click the Commercial tab. In the Toolset Installer panel, click "Check for Updates", and the automatic installer should find the latest versions of Toolset plugins ready to install. The fix for this issue is included in the latest updates. Thanks for your patience while we worked to resolve this issue. Feel free to close here or let me know if the issue is not fully resolved.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.