Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Styling placeholder %%FORM_DATA%% in Toolset Forms notification

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Styling placeholder %%FORM_DATA%% in Toolset Forms notification

Solution:
%%FORM_DATA%% is a placeholder and its a string so you do not have any control to change any style there.

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 4 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by beatR 4 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Bildschirmfoto 2019-05-30 um 12.17.46.png

i need to style the output of %%FORM_DATA%% in the notification mail. basically just changing the background/font-color. how can i do this?

Thanks!

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

You need to format the email message with HTML tags, Please check the following links that may help you:
=> hidden link
=> https://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/27856/is-there-a-way-to-send-html-formatted-emails-with-wordpress-wp-mail-function

Maybe you should try to add inline CSS within your email body - for example:

<div style="background:red;">
  	This is good man
  </div>
formdata1.png
formdata2.png

Hi Minesh

i don't think that's it. i need to format the output of the Toolset placeholder %%FORM_DATA%% (just change the background-color and font-color).

so, the question is, where does the styling come from currently and how to i overwrite it?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

I understand your concern but to change such styling you need to add fields manually:

%%FORM_DATA%% is a placeholder and its a string so you do not have any control to change any style there.

If you want to change such style, you need to design your output I mean you need to format the whole post body with lable and fields and add
your required style accordingly:
For example:

<table style="position:relative;width:100%;">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td style="background:#676767;font-weight:bold;color:#e1e1e1">Field Label</td>
<td style="background:#ddd;font-weight:normal;color:#121212">[types field="my-custom-field1"][/types]</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td style="background:#676767;font-weight:bold;color:#e1e1e1">Field Label</td>
<td style="background:#ddd;font-weight:normal;color:#121212">[types field="my-custom-field2"][/types]</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>

Something like above where you should change the CSS style attribute to change the font and color.

thats not really a solution. Replacing a Placeholder/Shortcode with manually created output for each field is not an option. but i get that there isn't really a way to style the output of the placeholders. would be a suggestion for the future 🙂
But it's not really that much of an issue. in our case, the customer prints every email, so the background is moisting the sheets.... but i'll tell him that he has to live with it..

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.