Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Styling and displaying multiple post fields

This support ticket is created 5 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice.

Last updated by JorgeE7101 5 years, 7 months ago.

Author

Hello. I've trying to find a solution, but couldn't find it, so I have to bother you...

I'm using templates and post fields to display and style the content on my post pages. I know I can add the code to the template and that will display it on the page where I want it and I can style it using CSS. I've doing that with no issue.

But the problem is that I don't want a particular post field to be fixed to a particular area of the post - meaning I don't want it to show after the body field or before another post field. I want to add it after paragraph A or B of the main content.

I want to use shortcodes, so I don't have to add the html manually each time I need to add it to a post. (see html code below)

<div class="inline-related-posts">
<div class="inline-related-posts-box"></div>
<h3>Leia também</h3>
<a href="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>">As minhas dicas para poupar dinheiro em Londres</a>

</div>

I already have a post field for the heading (which is going to be always the same) and one for the url (which allows multiple instances).

Basically the questions are:

1) How can I replace the html with a shortcode and display the shortcode with the CSS styling - but display it only if I add the shortcode to the post content, not by default.

2) I might have more than one URL post field. How do I select "URL A and not URL B" to display by using the shortcodes.

On the link below you'll find the example of how the box is working with html directly on the post.

hidden link

Thanks for your help.

Hi there. Please close this ticket as I found the solution and if possible please hide or remove the links and the code which shows the reference to the site.

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.