Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Style individual taxonomy type

This support ticket is created 8 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by guyC 8 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Seperate Days.JPG

Is it possible to style just tags/post taxonomies?

I am creating a website for a music festival which is over 3 days - Friday, Saturday and Sunday

Each day needs to be styled separately so that they are distinct (see image).

Is it possible to get the output to distinguish which tag it is and let me style it? - NB sometimes an act will appear on more than one day.

The output to get it into my view/page at the moment is [wpv-post-taxonomy type="days"]

I would prefer to use tags so that I can later use them in blog posts etc. - The only way I can think to achieve this at the moment is to have each day as a separate custom field/check box e.g.

<a href="/Saturday" class="saturday">[types field="saturday-test"][/types]</a>

But this means that I have to go through the whole site making views for anywhere I might possibly need the days to show and would prefer to do it though tagging. ( I have the same styling needs for 12 genres)

Thanks for the help - Guy

Dear Guy,

I suggest you try to create a view to replace the shortcode [wpv-post-taxonomy type="days"],
For example:
1) create a view list terms of Taxonomy days,
filter with: Taxonomy is set by the current page
in section "Loop Output" output the terms as what you need,
2) use above view to replace the shortcode [wpv-post-taxonomy type="days"] in your content.

I have now found a way around this - thank you for your help

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.