Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Strategy to create a classified site

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 3 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi friends,

I want to create a directory classified website with expired ads.
I know I can archive this with toolset forms and expiration posts. But I need these ads to have a selling "bump up" with an expiration of one hour and should go to a different category . Once the bump up expire the ad goes back to normal. Does it make sense ?

I've tried different approaches but I would like to see what would it be your thoughts on how to archive this?

Thanks!

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Ricardo,

Thank you for getting in touch. You can create a classified site using toolset, however the issue comes with the Bump up feature with an hour expire time.

This would need to be done using some form of custom code that will check a custom field and run every hour to deselect that custom field so that it no longer shows as a bumped add.

What you can do is to contact one of the registered contractors on our site for a better idea of how to achieve this.
https://toolset.com/contractors/

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.