Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Still unable to create content template – critical error

This support ticket is created 3 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by morktron 3 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hi, I'm still trying to create a content template but am getting a critical error - this is the same issue as before which due to my slowness was never resolved: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/create-content-template/#post-1868467

I'm just re-posting to re-open the issue

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

As Jamal observed in the other ticket, the options recording the details of the saved templates was wrong, the ID of the stored template was not of the template post type.

I don't know how a template might have been saved with the wrong post type, but I notice you have two plugins installed for switching post types, so I suspect it may have been accidentally updated.

In any case, I simply deleted the option, which fixes the errors. I then created a new template for Books which I was able to save without issue, so it looks like the problem is resolved.

Thanks Nigel, deleting the WPV option didn't work for me. I've made a video to demonstrate: hidden link

Please let me know when you have watched it so I can delete it.

Maybe it is something to do with the hosting environment? I hope you guys can help, thanks

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

I watched the video, and I see that the fix failed on your server.

And went back to your server and did some more testing.

On inspecting the database I saw that the problem actually occurs on your site because the templates, which are saved as posts, are missing a value for post_type (which should be 'view-template').

When I manually set the value, the template showed up in the list and worked as normal.

When I edited it and re-saved it, the post type was lost again.

Well, as I said before, you have two post type switcher plugins on your site, and "Custom Post Type Changer" was active.

So I disabled the plugin, reset the value for the content template post type in the database, and lo and behold, everything works as expected.

I also tested creating a template for books, no problem.

I couldn't see any settings pages for that plugin. I suggest you stop using it, and maybe use the other more mature plugin created by a WP core contributor instead.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you! 😀

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.