Skip Navigation

[Resolved] still receiving error "Please enter a valid URL address pointing to the image fi

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 7 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Shane 7 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

still receiving error "Please enter a valid URL address pointing to the image file." after update to 2.2.6 and wp 4.7.1

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Shane,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Would you mind providing me with admin access to the website so that I can have a look at this for you ?

The private fields will be enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane, thanks for your reply. I'd like to wait before giving out info. But There is a new development. It appears that when I add the absolute image link instead of the realtive image link, this field works and does not throw the validation error message. It seems that when I select an image and it adds the relative url it throws an error for that, but not for the absolute image url.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Shane,

This is how the field actually works because it is validating the url in its entirety so a relative URL wouldn't work.

Thanks,
Shane

ok. but why when using the upload image field is the types plugin setting the url as relative? I have to then manually click on the image preview and grab the absolute url and replace the relative url to get around the validation message.

Thanks for continuing to help me understand what is going on.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Shane,

Thanks for the update.

I'm not sure what you mean because what happens when I add an image to the image field it gives me the absolute url.

Would you mind sharing a video of what happens on your end so I can see.

Thanks,
Shane

hidden link

Shane
Supporter

Hi Shane,

Actually this is not what happens for me.

When I Add the image I get the absolute URL.

Would you mind providing me with admin access so that I can have a look ?

The private fields will be enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

We use relative urls as well mostly for the purpose of development.

This is becoming a problem when we are working on websites with testlinks.

Is there a hook or filter we can add into the functions.php to stop this from happening or add an option with the fields so that it doesn't check for validation.

If we add the absolute url when we migrate the website we have to through and update all of the images which can be a real hassle.

The biggest part is it stops from updating the page. I'm ok with the warning but dont block us from updating the page or give us an option to turn it off.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jason,

Unfortunately as this is a core function so we are not able to suggest a code that will remove the validation.

If you use the absolute url there are easy ways to perform a migration. I'm assuming you currently migrate the manual way.

Might I suggest using the Duplicator plugin as it is a fast and easy way to perform website migrations.

I'm not able to provide a better solution or workaround for this as it is a core functionality.

Thanks,
Shane

Are you able to tell me why the plugin is giving me a relative url and not an absolute url?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Shane,

Its actually not the plugin but even the media library when I upload a test image it is uploads the image using the relative url.

So the relative url isn't being caused by the types plugin 🙁

Our verification requires an absolute url but it seems that there might be some code or 3rd party plugin setting wordpress to use the relative url instead of the absolute one.

Thanks
Shane

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.