Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Starting setup – some questions to understand the logics

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 7 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 10:00 - - - - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Author

I am trying to: Rebuild an existing apartment rental site and just need to be sure about the order to do things.
I have a site with contents - both apartments and trips - but think I will need to restructure everything into new custom post types etc. I use the beaverBuilder theme and plugin.
So, should I...
1 - follow the real estate tutorial, starting here: https://toolset.com/reference-site/toolset-real-estate/ - it seems like a quicker and easier understandable way than starting off as described in the projects (labellavita - oppsett1)
2 - continue building inside the existing site copy - or should I rather start with a fresh wp setup?
(I am well aware of how to move a site afterwards.)
3 - Does it make sense to use Layouts when Beaverbuilder seemingly fills much the same purpose? How do those to work out together?
We'll start there - Thanks for providing both "projects" and reference sites. I have struggled a lot with an other solution to put all custom pieces together.
Thanks,
Kjetil
PS The outdated site/ my starting point is labellavita.no
A live almost half-way new site is found here: in2it.no/demo4

OK - I moved on. Installed the Real Estate reference site in a fresh local setup, included (I believe) all needed plugins (also WooCommerce).
Especially 3) still puzzles me, though.
Any other advice is also much appreciated.
Thanks,
Kjetil
PS I'v never seen such a Easy-to-get-started system that you've created. Looking great!

...and: Regarding translations:
Since I builde a site in Norwegian, can frontend Toolset elements be translated via po files or just via WPML? WPML adds an extra cost to the project that is not in the budget...

Hello Kjetil,

I’m Mohammed: the Toolset support team leader. I’ll give my best to help you to achieve your needs through Toolset components.

I think you did the right thing about installing the ref site on a fresh installation.
FYI, if you want to combine another refsite or another website that was built with Toolset, we have an import/export facility in Toolset > import/export admin menu.

This will bring all the settings from a website to another one in few clicks.

About Layouts and Beaver builder, they are not doing the same.
Beaver builder is a page builder and Layouts is meant for structuring your website.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/#layouts

The good news about that, is that we integrated Beaver builder with Toolset Views.
Now, you can use beaver builder in Toolset Views and Vice vera, so no problem in using the different Toolset plugins along with beaver builder: https://toolset.com/2016/06/views-beta-beaver-builder-integration/

About the translations, yes, we provide .po and .mo files and we continuously updating them.

Thanks.

Thanks a lot - this helps me on!
I just posted some other questions in the other forum (link below) - almost the same moment as you answered me here. (I thought maybe this forum was for community members to answer and had more or less given up.
Sorry for partly double-posting - we can continue here:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/basic-setup-advice/
Thanks
Kj

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.