Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Staff Workboard – Publish/Draft Button

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The user would like to create an edit form to approve posts statuses. He would like to use the same form for multiple post types.

Solution:
Indeed, Toolset forms are bound to a custom post type, we can't have a form for multiple types.

Currently, we need to create a form for each custom post type, then we can use conditions on the post_type to display its form.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views/conditional-html-output-in-views/

This support ticket is created 4 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by JoshuaJ301 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Hello, I'm creating a "Staff Workboard" where I've created a view that shows custom post types and post that are "pending" status. I'd like the staff members to be able to click on a button that "Approves" the post. I've read other articles that suggest creating a Form that only has a "Submit" button that just changes the post from "Pending" to "Publish" - however, this seems to work if I create a form for EACH custom post type. It doesn't seem like I'm able to have one form for multiple post types. So, I'm wondering if there is another solution to this.
Is there any documentation that you are following?
N/A
Is there a similar example that we can see?
none
What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Indeed, Toolset forms are bound to a custom post type, we can't have a form for multiple types. If you believe this feature should be added to Toolset, please suggest it on this page https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

Currently, you will need to create a form for each custom post type, then you can use conditions on the post_type to display its form.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views/conditional-html-output-in-views/

Thanks for the feedback. It was as I thought. I suppose I'll have to create different buttons for this. Thanks for the help. I'll mark resolved.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.