Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Split: Using the front-end form for editing content

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author

I have a question about a front-end form for editing content.

My actual operation
1. I created a form for editing
2. Created a content template to display the edit form → Inserted "Fields and Text" in the template that displays the custom post.
3. Inserted a link to the content template that displays the form
→ The following message was displayed and the short code could not be inserted.

Create a new content template to include the edit form.
You can start from scratch, or you can copy your template and view and modify the content.
Toolset Edit Link Material • View or Create All Available Content Templates”

I want to solve the above problem. Thank you.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thanks for asking! I'd be happy to help.

For future reference, please note that as per our support policy ( https://toolset.com/toolset-support-policy/ ), only one question or issue can be addressed through a single ticket. You're welcome to start a new one for each new question or concern.

The steps that you've shared for showing the editing form are correct, but they need slight adjustments:

1. You'll create a form for editing
2. You'll create a new content template for showing this editing form and place the form's shortcode in this editing content template
3. In the last step, you'll insert the edit form link in the regular content template that is set to show single custom posts. While adding the link, you'll choose the content template created in step 2 and you won't get that error message.

Here is a detailed guide on the topic:
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/front-end-forms-for-editing-content/

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.