Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Split up long cred forms

This support ticket is created 6 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 6 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hi! I could find only topics on this issue, that are over 1.5 year old.
So, when i have a long cred form consisting of 8 different field groups (or whatever other configuration), is it possible to split this cred form in, let's say, 4 different sections that are nicely paginated and following the previous one (with possibility to go back to previous section) , out of the box?

I read about splitting up and using first part as 'new content' and next parts as 'edit content', but what then with the real 'edit' cred form later, since this one is a 'new content' form what needs 'edit' as well?

I also read about conditions, to go to next page when fields are filled, but that's not actual here, as sometimes on some pages/sections nothing is necessairy to be filled at all (not required to user).

So, how to make some nice 4-step form? If it isn't yet an option, is there a release date for this in the works?

Thanks a lot!

Dear filip,

There isn't such a built-in feature within CRED plugin yet, it is already in our to-do list as a feature request, there isn't any ETA for it yet.

In your case I suggest you try to split the CRED form with some PHP codes, for example, you need 4 different steps(sections), then it will need 5 CRED form:
1) CRED form A, create new post, with fields of step 1.
When user submit CRED form A, redirect the user to the CRED form of step 2)
2) CRED form of step 2, which is a CRED form for editing post, with fields of step 2.

More help:
cred_success_redirect
Filter redirection URL (if it has been set in form settings).
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/cred-api/#cred_success_redirect

Hi Luo,

ok i think i get this now. Will practise this in coming days so i'd still keep it open in case something arises.
Thank you!

OK, please update this thread if you need more assistance for it. thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.