Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Split: Radio buttons show different elements

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Show/hide something after clicking checkboxes field in Views custom search form.

Solution:

It needs custom JS codes, see the examples:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-radio-buttons-show-different-elements/#post-902333

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 5 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by RafaelL7560 5 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

If I have the same example with checkboxes, can I display several more checkboxes at the same time? And as soon as I deactivate a checkbox, that the other checkboxes are hidden again? So show at the first click and hide at the second click.

For example:
$("input[value=' ']").click(function(e) {
$("div.my-div").hidden();
});

Hello,

Please elaborate the questions with more details:
How do you setup the "several more checkboxes"?
I need detail steps to duplicate the same problem, thanks

I have 4 checkboxes on the left side "Kunden-/Marktorientierte Prozesse", "Kernprozesse", "Interne Unterstützungsprozesse" and"Übergreifende Prozesse". Link to hidden link

If I select the checkbox "Kunden-/Marktorientierte Prozesse", 3 further checkboxes appear under the 4 existing checkboxes with "Marketing", "Vertrieb" and "Kundendienst". The same principle applies to "Kernprozesse", "Interne Unterstützungsprozesse" and"Übergreifende Prozesse" also means that 3 to 5 further checkboxes are displayed with one click, only with different names.

If I select one of the 4 checkboxes "Kunden-/Marktorientierte Prozesse", "Kernprozesse", "Interne Unterstützungsprozesse" and "Übergreifende Prozesse", it works. I would like to have it so that I can click several of the 4 checkboxes and accordingly 3 to 16 further checkboxes are displayed together underneath. Or if, for example, I click ""Kunden-/Marktorientierte Prozesse" a second time to deselect this element, then the 3 further checkboxes with "Marketing", "Vertrieb" and "Kundendienst" would be hidden.

I hope it's described understandably.
Thanks.

I tried 3 variations, but it doesn't work. If I insert a condition that 2 checkboxes must be selected to become true, then nothing happens. If I only do it with one checkbox, then it works.

1:

jQuery(document).ready(function($)
{
  $("div.divUP").hide();

if ($("input[value='Kernprozesse']").click(function(e)  &&  $("input[value='Interne Unterstützungsprozesse']").click(function(e))
  {
    $("div.divUP").hide();
  });

$("input[value='Übergreifende Prozesse']").click(function(e)
  {
    if($(this).prop("checked") == true)
    {
      $("div.divUP").show();
    }
    else if($(this).prop("checked") == false)
    {
      $("div.divUP").hide();
    }
  });
});

jQuery(document).ready(function()
{
  $('input[type="checkbox"]').click(function()
  {
    if($(this).is("input[value='Interne Unterstützungsprozesse']"))
    {
      if($(this).is("input[value='Übergreifende Prozesse']"))
      {
      {
        $("div.divUP").show();
        $("div.divIUP").show();
      }
     else if($(this).prop("checked") == false)
      {
         $("div.divUP").hide();
        $("div.divIUP").hide();
      }
    }
}
 });
});

jQuery(document).ready(function()
{
  $('input[type="checkbox"]').click(function()
  {
    if($(this).is("input[value='Interne Unterstützungsprozesse']")) &&  ($(this).is("input[value='Übergreifende Prozesse']"))
    {

Thanks for the details, I have checked it in your website, seems it works fine:
show at the first click and hide at the second click.

Is this problem resolved? please let me know if you still need more assistance.

Pic2.png
Pic1.png

The problem: show at the first click and hide at the second click. is solved.

However, the problem with the multiple selection of checkboxes has not yet been solved. So far, if I only select the checkbox "Kunden-/Marktorientierte Prozesse", 3 further checkboxes with "Marketing", "Vertrieb" and "Kundendienst". appear. If I only select the checkbox "Kernprozesse" - "Forschung", "Produktion", "Logistik" and "Produktentwicklung" will appear. So far it works, but now I want to select the checkboxes "Kunden-/Marktorientierte Prozesse" and "Kernprozesse" at the same time and that the other checkboxes of both are displayed, i. e."Marketing", "Vertrieb", "Kundendienst", "Forschung", "Produktion", "Logistik" and "Produktentwicklung".
I uploaded it as a picture. Pic1 is the way I would like it. The checkboxes "Marketing", "Vertrieb", "Kundendienst", "Forschung", "Produktion", "Logistik" and "Produktentwicklung" of both checkboxes "Kunden-/Marktorientierte Prozesse" and "Kernprozesse" are displayed, but the checkbox "Kernprozesse" is not checked. In Pic2, "Kunden-/Marktorientierte Prozesse" and "Kernprozesse" are checked, but only the 4 checkboxes "Forschung", "Produktion", "Logistik" and "Produktentwicklung" are displayed and not all of them as in Pic1.

I tried && operators, but this doesn't seem to work.

if ($("input[value='Kunden-/Marktorientierte Prozesse']").click(function(e)) && ($("input[value='Kernprozesse']").click(function(e))
  {
    $("div.divKM").show();
    $("div.divKP").show();
  });

For the new question:
"Kunden-/Marktorientierte Prozesse" and "Kernprozesse" are checked, but only ...

Please try to modify your JS codes as below:

jQuery(document).ready(function($)
{
	// Kunden-/Marktorientierte Prozesse | divUP
  $("div.divUP").hide();
  $("input[value='Kunden-/Marktorientierte Prozesse']").click(function(e)
  {
    {
      $("div.divUP").show();
    }
    else
    {
      $("div.divUP").hide();
    }
  });

// Kernprozesse | divKP
  $("div.divKP").hide();

$("input[value='Kernprozesse']").click(function(e)
  {
    {
      $("div.divKP").show();
    }
    else
    {
      $("div.divKP").hide();
    }
  });
});

As you can see one checkbox one function, for your reference.

That's it. I made a stupid mistake, I should have thought of that. Thank you so much for your help, it works now. 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.