Skip Navigation

[Resolved] split post into pagination by using tag

This support ticket is created 5 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 4 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
スクリーンショット 2019-03-22 13.36.32.png

I am trying to split a post into pagination by using <!--nextpage--> tag.
However, everything shows up one time.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

You are using a Content Template to display the posts?

I just checked on a local test site and found that if I include the next page tags in a post and display that post without using a Views Content Template (i.e., using just the theme template) then the pagination works.

If I use a Content Template then it does not.

Is that the scenario you are describing?

If so I'll need to pass this on to my colleagues to see if they can identify what needs to be done for it to work.

Thank you. Yes. I'm using Views Content Template. Is there anyway to do it ?

Nigel
Supporter

Well, it doesn't work, so I've passed that information on to my colleagues to see if they can identify a workaround, or if not, propose a change in our templates so that it does work.

I'll let you know what feedback I receive.

Thank you very much! I believe I'm not the only one who want to have this function!

Nigel
Supporter

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, my colleagues have been reviewing some outstanding tickets to make a decision as to how to proceed, and it was decided not to continue with this issue for the time being, see https://toolset.com/errata/wordpress-quicktag-is-not-working-inside-layouts/.

Adding support for this would be considered a feature request, and if there are many requests for it then the issue will be re-opened.

Sorry that I don't have a solution for you.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.