Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Split: List profile posts of users with particular role

This support ticket is created 5 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.54 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 5 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

So, other question, now with this setup I display only the user Profile that has the "Stato VIP" Role.
In the same carousel I need to display first the Profiles list about the user with "Stato VIP" role and after the Profiles list about the user with "Stato Base" role.
What should I do to have this condition?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

You need to order the profile posts by the role of the linked member.

There is no alternative I can think of to storing the role of the member as a custom field on the profile posts, and then using that for the ordering.

Thanks.
And what should I do to do that?
There is a guide or an example?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Not really, no.

You need to add a custom field to your member profile post type to store the user role.

Whenever you create a new user with a profile, as well as setting the role of the user you create, store the name of the role on the linked member profile.

I'm not sure I know (if I did, I don't recall) how you create the users and assign these different roles to them to be able to give you more specific advice.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.