Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Split: HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR during Password Reset – issue of reset password

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Split: HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR during Password Reset - the issue of reset password

Solution:
Views 3.2 released which is having fix for this issue.

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by davidL-7 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hi Minesh,

I closed this ticket prematurely. The hotfix solved the issue when it occurs at hidden link, but it occurs again at hidden link

Another one of our users reported this bug. Here's what they wrote:

"I set up a test user for myself (colleengc). I clicked on the “Help I forgot my password” and I received a lovely email to reset. I clicked on that link to reset the password. When I enter my new password twice and click next I get a site can’t be reached:"

"This site can’t be reached
The webpage at hidden link might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR"

So it looks like the same issue, but this time generated after submitting the new password at hidden link

Can you have the team look at it and write a hotfix for that juncture as well. I've already removed your admin acess, so if you want you can post the hotfix here and I'll try to install it. If I still have issues after that I'll reestablish your access.

Thanks!
David Lake

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I have informed our Devs and I will get in touch with you as soon as I know more.

Minesh
Supporter

Just to let you know that the fix for this issue is set to publish with the version of the view 3.2 which is hopefully released by next week.

Thanks Minesh! I'll wait for Views 3.2 to be released, will install it, and then if it fixes the issue I'll mark this thread resolved.

Minesh
Supporter

Great - I will update you here once we publish officially.

Minesh
Supporter

We just published the Toolset Views 3.2. Can you please update the plugin and try to resolve your issue:
=> https://toolset.com/download/toolset-views/#changelog

Hi Minesh,

Just a note to confirm that the updates included in Views 3.2 resolved this issue with the ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR being triggered by the password reset function in the WP Engine production environment.

Thank you so much for your assistance.

Best regards,
David

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.