Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Split: How to select the dynamic source for the headings

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

And also, when I style the results I am choosing "dynamic headings" for example, but then I have to chose between where I want to take the data from and I can only chose 1 option. How do I set it to just pick the title from where ever the page, post, product is?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

When working the dynamic source selection in the "Heading" and other similar blocks, you'll see that the items under the "Post" label are the ones which would be consistently available for all posts, regardless of the post type (e.g. post, page, products, etc).
( screenshot: hidden link )

These are the items that every post includes, like post title, date, URL, ID etc.

For showing items other than these common fields, e.g. some custom fields which are available only for a particular post type, you can use a "Conditional" block with a condition to check for a post type and then include a "Single Field" block inside it.
( ref: https://toolset.com/course-lesson/using-toolset-conditional-block/ )

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.