Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Split: filter category hierarchy – show only subcategories as filter

This support ticket is created 3 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by alexd-6 3 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-28 um 13.31.19.jpg

Hi,

on Screenshot you see a red sign for this category we are in.

But the Subcategories are all "First-Level-Entries" like (Automarken,Heckzelte, Sonnensegel and so on..) are show in category-view. And if i go to "Sonnensegel -> Toyota" nothing change in View..

thx

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

There are few things I would like to make it clear again.

- When I select TOP level term (term having no parent) - what is your expected result?
- When I select term VW T6 - what is your expected result?

hey,

- When I select TOP level term (term having no parent) - what is your expected result?
i would see the Subcategories of selected TOP level term as filter in view

- When I select term VW T6 - what is your expected result?
i would see the Subcategories (sibblings) of same Top level term as filter in view

thx - alex

Minesh
Supporter

The thing is that you can not filter taxonomy view by taxonomy term.

Which I explained here.
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-filter-category-hierarchy-show-only-subcategories-as-filter/#post-1914533

You can just display the subcategories link and when you click on that it will display that clicked term archive. I hope I make the things clear.

hi - if i add a new field with dropdown to "produkt-CPT" with the categories - can i filter on it?

i think thats is an alternative..

apropos: when comes "filter taxonomy view by taxonomy term" in toolset. I think its a very good feature 😉

Thx for all! - alex

Minesh
Supporter

apropos: when comes "filter taxonomy view by taxonomy term" in toolset. I think its a very good feature
==>
Thanks for the suggestion but this is not something can be implemented.

Because its illegal to display archive posts of taxonomy term A on taxonomy term B. That is why you can not add filter to it. If you are displaying taxonomy archive page for the term A, you can not list term B posts on term A archive.

The only quick way I suggest is create a view and add taxonomy filter to it and add this view to a new page.

Hi,

now i realized as wie Radiobuttons 😉

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.