Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Split: Contact form that sends an email to the owner of the profile

This support ticket is created 3 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by christineM-2 2 years, 12 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Thank you, this helps a lot with regards to the phone number.
I have a follow up question about the same type of problem.
On each of my profiles page I'd like to add a contact form that sends an email to the owner of the profile. Is this possible using toolset forms or do you recommend a plugin and then try to code in the shortcode in the plugins html code?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

It is possible to use Toolset Forms to sends an email to the owner of the profile.

To suggest the next steps, I'll need to see exactly how this profile page is set up where you'd like this contact form to show.

Can you please share temporary admin login details, along with the link to an example profile page?

Note: Your next reply will be private and please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for sharing these details and I understand that the profile pages are single post pages.

You can add a new custom post type for example "Contact Requests" and add fields to this post type like To (email), From (email), Name, and any other fields that you need in the contact form.

After that, you can create a new Toolset post form to add a new "Contact Requests" post and place it inside your template for the single posts/profiles:
https://toolset.com/lesson-placement/lesson-placements-1621521-1612071/

The "To" email field in the form can be filled automatically using the Types Fields shortcode:
https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/functions/#email

2021-04-26 at 12.59.png

Hi again Waqar,

I've tried following your described steps, but I'm a bit lost when it comes to the last step with filling it with the Types Field shortcode. I don't know what or where it is I need to fill this in the Post Form. I've attached an image so you can see where I'm at.

I've disabled your support login, but can enable it again if you need access.

I'll explain once more what I'm trying to accomplish, but I'm not a coder, so my website is built with Elementor for easier getting things they way I want them.

- I have custom post type Physio. Each post is one physio that have their own email and details. The posts are displayed with the elementor single post template.
- On each of these pages I want to create a form that a visitor can use to contact the physio. The form when submitted should be sent to the physio's own email not mine.

Any help much appreciated.

For future reference, I managed to solve the issue with the built in elementor form element.
I added a email field with the toolset email as the default value. I then in the sending email TO field added my form field shortcode. I then use some CSS to hide the actual field with the default value.

It's not pretty, but it works.

Thanks for the help.

-Christine

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.