Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Split: Blocks button looses custom CSS after refresh

This support ticket is created 2 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Hum I can't open a new ticket "Hi peterB-20, In the last 30 days you created 2 support tickets. Support spent about 2 hours and 0 minutes working on them."

I have description and a mp4 with the issue for you, was more difficult that I thought to reproduce it.

Can you open a new ticket?

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Sure.

Hi Jamal,

Thanks! When you have watched the mp4 you might need to change the title of this thread. What happens is that it is easily possible to destroy a view. I did not manage, even not when changing the page in the DB, to repair the mistake.

I have rebuild the view so no support needed for this, I hope my description below is clear

Description:
Starting point:
• A page with a working view “example page: A. starting point page V2”
• The view name is : 2021 blog view-copy-1620490678 (for the destructive test a copy of a working view)

Copy for testing view options:
• Start a new page “kill the view page: B. destructive view page V2”
• Create a view based on an existing view and choose for “edit existing view”
o First user mistake: not using a copy for testing but the live view
• In “loop view” change the “loop style” in to collage
• Go “back” 2x to the beginning “Toolset View”
• Result : the view is gone, unrepairable.
• What ever you do here doesn’t actually matter, I choose for staring all over with “Use existing view”
• The loading screen on 01:46 will be forever
• At 02:52 I load the A. starting point page V2 : error
• At 03.18 I go back to the B. destructive view page V2 : still loading, will not recover
• That’s it …..

hidden link

Cheers
Peter

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you Peter for reporting this. I was able to reproduce the same issues. I can agree that the view wizard should either prevent the user from going back and breaking the view, or it should handle the case and update the view accordingly. In all cases, we should be able to have a working view instead of a red alert message.

I am escalating this to our 2nd Tier for further discussion and I'll get back to you with updates as soon as possible.

Jamal
Supporter

This issue is now escalated to our developers. It is rather a usability issue with an edge case instead of a proper bug. So, we suggest closing this ticket and I'll keep you updated when a fix is released in an upcoming release.

Thank you!

Hi Jamal,

Fine with me, thanks for your great help!

BR
Peter

Jamal
Supporter

Awesome. Thank you Peter. I am marking this ticket as resolved.

All the best!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.