Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Split: All variation plugins failed when the Toolset "Add to cart" shortcode is used – Woo Variations Table plugin

This support ticket is created 4 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 4 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Pat

Hi Mohammed and thanks for taking care.

In fact, this is quite simple to reproduce :
Create a site with Toolset + WC

Add one of the following plugins (I'm sure there are others that could have the same issue):
- Ni WooCommerce Product Variations Table
- Woo Variations Table
- Order Hours Scheduler for WooCommerce

All these plugins work perfectly if you use the WC product page template but if you try to use a Toolset template in which you integrate the "Add to card" single product page shortcode, then, nothing is displayed (ie : on some cases, you should have the add to cart button only, or some other the table with all variations or for the last one, either the add to cart button or a text if you are not in the opening hours) !!!

So, it seems like the Toolset shortcode does not follow the WC way of displaying (perhaps this is due to a hook which is not setup when the Toolset shortcode is used)?

Let me know if you need further info
Regards
Pat

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Can you please share Woo Variations Table plugin zip so I can check whats going wrong there.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Pat

Hi Minesh,

Here is the link to download it :
https://wordpress.org/plugins/woo-variations-table/

Not sure it is an up to date as this plugin has not been upgraded since 2 years !
Perhaps just to verify that this could be the same issue than the NI Woocommerce variation table ?

Regards
Pat

Minesh
Supporter

I checked this plugin as well: https://wordpress.org/plugins/woo-variations-table/

And I found that this plugin is also using the same hook: woocommerce_after_single_product_summary
- The above is also used by the "Ni WooCommerce Product Variations Table" plugin.

I've reported this issue and waiting for the updates from Devs. Please hold on for further updates.

Minesh
Supporter

As a workaround, you can copy the WCV single-product.php template file and create a child theme and inside that child theme paste that file.

child-theme/woocommerce/single-product.php

Now, you can make the edits to the template shown above, and then in Toolset > WooCommerce Views choose that edited template for single products.

Please check the following Doc - you need to follow almost the same steps:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/customizing-woocommerce-product-templates-genesis/#copy-woocommerce-views-single-product-php-to-your-themes-woocommerce-folder

You need to add the following line of code to display the variation table:

do_action( 'woocommerce_after_single_product_summary' );

Minesh
Supporter

Please use the following singe-product.php file where I've added the changes with the comment:
=> hidden link

You need to create child theme and place the above shared file as mentioned with the following link:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/customizing-woocommerce-product-templates-genesis/#copy-woocommerce-views-single-product-php-to-your-themes-woocommerce-folder

Pat

Hi Minesh,

Thanks for the info.
I have tried and I can see the table variation, fine.
The issue I have now is that the content template initially defined for products is no more applied (no template defined).
I'm using Toolset + WC with Toolset Starter theme and have created product content template thanks to Toolset.

Regards
Pat

Minesh
Supporter

So, you are not using the Layout's plugin?

And yes, Toolset Starter theme is retired and we do not recommend to use that.

Pat

Hi MInesh,

Yes, I'm using the Layout plugin (in addition to the Toolset Starter theme which is difficult to replace in all sites done during the period when Toolset recommended it !!!).

Regards
Pat

Minesh
Supporter

Actually - if you are using Layouts - you need to assign the Layout.

The issue I have now is that the content template initially defined for products is no more applied (no template defined).
==>
You said above the line but if Layout is installed it will override the content template, you need to use the layout. Am I missing anything here?

what if you can share the product page URL and tell me what content template you want to display and share access details so I can check whats going wrong there.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Pat

Hi Minesh,

Sorry, I have no time to work on this in the short coming period. I know that your workaround works fine and just have to investigate the Layout issue.
If I face some pb with this, I will open a new ticket.

Thanks
Pat

Minesh
Supporter

Please check the workaround shared by our Devs that may be useful for you in order to resolve this issue:
=> https://toolset.com/errata/woocommerce-views-hides-third-party-themes-plugins-elements/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.