Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Split: Access to the content hidden through the Access shortcode

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author

Hi Waqar,

Thank you.
I have an unrelated question if it's OK. I use access shortcodes to hide content on the front so only logged in users can see certain things. I don't use the 'Managed by Access' for CPT's as I've had problems with it and the shortcodes work fine.
So my question:
I have a CPT "artist". My content template for it uses the access shortcodes to display fields like "phone" or "email" to only the logged in user (not using the 'Managed by Access' for CPT's). To a guest the page is blank, as it should be.
So...the data (phone, email fields) is never exposed to the internet, correct? In other words, there's no direct link to an artist field someone could get to, correct?

Thanks!
Scott.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Scott,

Thanks for asking and your understanding is correct.

As long as you've wrapped those custom fields data output inside the "toolset_access" shortcodes, other users or visitors will not be able to access them directly.

Important note: The Toolset Types plugin doesn't automatically expose the Types custom fields data in REST API responses unless you've manually turned on its option "REST API" from WP Admin -> Toolset -> Settings -> Custom Content.
( ref: https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/toolset-integration-with-the-rest-api/ )

regards,
Waqar

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.