Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Sorting with AJAX breaks style of dropdown

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I noticed that when I filter my content and it reloads with AJAX, the styles stop being applied to the sorting drop down field. I was able to get some of this restored, but the background color while hovering still won't work. The short term solution is probably to disable AJAX filtering.

This may be a related issue:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/inline-styles-of-filter-results-lost-after-ajax-filtering/

Here is where the issue is occuring:
hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

When I try to select the any checkbox filter available with the problem URL you shared: https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

I can see the following Javascript error is shown with the browser's console:

Uncaught TypeError: $ is not a function

Can you please share access details so I can check whats going wrong with your setup.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Ok - I've fixed the JS issue.

Now, the thing is that when you load the page: hidden link
- The dropdown select box styles for your sorting filters applied from your silent theme setting as you can see with the following screenshot: hidden link

That is why when you filter with ajax those styles are not available as those styles are set from your theme setting.

The only way to resolve is that you need to ask your theme author how to hook that setting style while using ajax or you will require to switch your view setting to search with page refresh.

Minesh
Supporter

Ok - I've fixed the JS issue.

Now, the thing is that when you load the page: hidden link
- The dropdown select box styles for your sorting filters applied from your silent theme setting as you can see with the following screenshot: hidden link

That is why when you filter with ajax those styles are not available as those styles are set from your theme setting.

The only way to resolve is that you need to ask your theme author how to hook that setting style while using ajax or you will require to switch your view setting to search with page refresh.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.