Skip Navigation

[Closed] sorting table columns

This support ticket is created 3 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

hello, i have created an archive with toolset here: hidden link

at one point I was able to click on a column header to make it sort by that column, but that ability has gone and i don't know why. is there something I need to turn on/off to make that work?

here is a one-click login in case you need to see wp-admin hidden link

Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 10.53.42 AM.png

Hi, the sortable table column headers feature is currently limited to Views, and will not work in WordPress Archives even if you use the same shortcodes as those from a sortable View. If you build a new WordPress Archive or use the Loop Wizard to rebuild the loop of the existing archive, you will note that there is no option to include sortable table headers in the wizard (screenshot attached). In previous versions of the software there was a sortable columns option here but it was never fully integrated and has since been removed from the wizard. The best workaround to include sortable columns here is to remove all the Query Filters, filter controls, pagination controls, and loop contents from this WordPress Archive and construct a similar View of Air Filters with the sortable table headers, front-end filters, pagination, etc. you want to show in the archive. Then insert this View in the wpv-items-found section of the current WordPress Archive to display it on the front-end of the site.

Let me know if you have additional questions about that.

ooof that's so weird.

what about including a sort by drop down, like you can see in the top right here:

hidden link

is that possible?

Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 5.00.28 PM.png

Yes, a front-end sorting control dropdown can be used in a WordPress Archive in place of the table column sort feature. In the Search and Pagination editor section, click the "Sorting Controls" button to insert this type of sorting control, then use your own markup and CSS to control the placement of the dropdown on the front-end. See the screenshot here, showing the location of the button in the editor screen.

The topic ‘[Closed] sorting table columns’ is closed to new replies.