Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Sorting results in Views as sorted in custom field

This support ticket is created 4 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Franco Calcagni 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

We need to show in the frontend the items of a custom field sorted as planned by the client inside the backend (the custom post values are sortable in the backend and we need to know what parameter we have to set in Views so to respect the custom sorting of the client in the backend)

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

If you mean that you want to sort the results using a custom field with your view on frontend - here is the Doc you should try to follow that will allow you to add the sorting controls to your view.
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/allowing-visitors-to-sort-the-front-end-results/

Hi,
it is not what I mean.
In the backend our client has the possibility to sort the items of a custom field by drag/drop the items (they are repeatable fields within a custom field). They need that the order they decide in the backend shall be reflected in the frontend

Minesh
Supporter

Ok - if you can share the screenshot of your edit post screen where I can see your field that would be great, once I review that I will be able to guide you in the right direction.

Schermata 2019-11-28 alle 11.32.47.png

here is the screenshot

Minesh
Supporter

Ok - now I can see that its repeating field group not repeating field.

I hope you already followed the following doc to display the repeating field group:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/creating-and-displaying-repeatable-field-groups/#displaying-repeatable-field-groups

Now, to sort the repeating field group entries as per your post - you should select Field – toolset-post-sortorder from the Ordering section of your view.
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/creating-and-displaying-repeatable-field-groups/#displaying-repeatable-field-groups-in-custom-order

Hi Minech , we will try to do what you described, please

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.