Skip Navigation

[Resolved] sorting problem search result

This support ticket is created 4 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 26 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by kayser 4 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hi
when I arrive on this page hidden link
the result is 53 companies sorted by name and it's good
but i have two problems

_if I choose directly one of the companies (ex A&O) I visualize the file
but in the list of results on the right I never have the 52 remaining companies.

_If I search for companies with the category "cirque", I have the right result but it is not sorted by name

Guy

Hello,

Q1) I assume we are talking about this page:
hidden link
the post lists outputted from your view( ID: 7301).

Please check these:
1) Edit the post view ( ID: 7301), in section "Limit and Offset", make sure you are using option: Display No limit items
2) Find and edit the view's shortcode ( ID: 7301), make sure there isn't attribute "limit" in it, for example:
[wpv-view name="your-view-slug"]
More help:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-view
limit (opt):
'amount of results'

Q2) Same as above, please check these:
1) Edit the post view ( ID: 7260), in section "Ordering ", make sure you are using option: Order by Post title Ascending
2) Find and edit the view's shortcode ( ID: 7260), make sure there isn't attribute "orderby" in it

id7301.jpg
id7260.jpg

Hello

Look at this picture for me all its right
Guy

The problem you mentioned above is abnormal, please check these:
1) Creat a new test page, display above two view's shortcode directly, without attribute "orderby" or "limit"

2) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2020, deactivate all custom PHP/JS code snippets, and test again

3) If the problem still persists, please provide database dump file(ZIP file) of your website, also point out the problem page URL and view URL, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Thanks for the details, I can download the files, will update here if there is anything found

Your database dump file is not valid, I keeps on getting a lots of MYSQL errors when import it, please follow our document to make the file with duplicator plugin:
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

You can make a database dump file only package by follow their document:
hidden link
section "Database Install"

Private message box enabled again.

Thanks for the details, I am downloading the files, will update here if there is anything found

sortby2.JPG

Here are what I found:
Q1) Please edit post view "View 1":
hidden link
in section "Query Filte", you are using below filter settings:
Select posts with taxonomy:
Disciplines the same as the page where this View is shown
AND
Publics the same as the page where this View is shown

So Views will output some results only, if you don't need above filters, you can remove them, then you will get all other 52 items in front-end.

Q2) There isn't the same problem in my localhost, it works fine in with your database dump file + fresh WordPress installation + the latest version of Toolset plugins, see screenshot sortby2.JPG

So there should be some compatibility issue in your website, if you need assistance to locate the problem, please provide a test site with the same problem, fill below private message box with test site's credentials and FPT access, I need to test and debug it in a live website.

for Q1
I need taxonomy but
The problem arises when I don't choose a taxonomy and I select directly a thumbnail.

I have tried it in your database dump file, with below steps:
1) Open URL
hidden link
choose(or not chose) a taxonomy, click link "A&O", it redirect me to same single post URL:
hidden link

2) In above URL, "the list of results on the right", it is post view "View 1", since you are using taxonomy filters as I mentioned above,
so views will outputs only limited results, it is expected result:
never have the 52 remaining companies.

Is there any steps missing?

2) when you go to hidden link without choose taxonomy,
what is the logic of the results of the right list ?

When I goto hidden link with or without choose taxonomy,
it should display the same results depends on your taxonomy filters settings.

Please check our document:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views/filtering-views-by-taxonomy/

Hi Luo
i made test site
if i select danse taxonomy, i get 13 result
hidden link
I want to find these thirteen companies in the right list when I choose one of these 13 results
Thats my last problem
Guy

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Luo is on vacation. This is Minesh here and I'll take care of this ticket and try to help you further. Hope this is OK.

Can you please share test site access details and where exactly you want to list the items. Maybe a screenshot would help.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Maybe you meet this problem in my site
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/a-new-bug-between-layout-and-oceanwp/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.