Skip Navigation

[Resolved] sorting child post with a parent post post field

This support ticket is created 7 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 7 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

oh!! I didnt see your response
the fact is that I need to display that information. We have been thinking about the issue and we understand why the duplication happens. So we have been thinking that maybe by changing the php code of the view we could get a resultset (out of the view loop) and then filter it with the view. Would it be posible?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Juan,

It seem that this would require a custom solution since you want to display the publication authors based on the posts and multiple posts have the same parent.

A custom shortcode should be able to get this done for you since you have more flexibility with the data manipulation.

However i'm not able to assist you with this custom code as it is out of the scope of our forum support.

Thanks,
Shane

ok and is there any documentation about creating custom shortcodes apart from https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/toolset-shortcodes-menu/??

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Juan,

We don't have any documentation on how to write a custom shortcode as this uses the wordpress API.

What you can do is to contact our certified consultants and they should be able to assist you with this custom code.
https://toolset.com/consultant/

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.