Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Sort by toolset-post-sortorder not working in View

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Sort the items of repeatable field group by defined order.

Solution:

You can use custom field "toolset-post-sortorder" to sort the results.

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 4 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by beatR 4 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to: in a View over RFG i want to sort the records of a repeatable fieldgroup by the defined order

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link (under construction, but i gladly give you the login)

I expected to see: the sortorder according to the order in the post

Instead, I got: random order, it seems

here is a video
hidden link

thanks!

Hello,

I have tried it in my localhost with a fresh wordpress installation + the latest version of Toolset plugins, it works fine, the sorting repeatable field group results by field "toolset-post-sortorder" works without any problem.

I suggest you check these:
1) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2019, deactivate all custom PHP/JS code snippets, and test again

2) If you are using other cache plugin, please clear your website cache, and test again

Man, i was shooting too fast. I didn't choose the "treat as number" option together with the toolset-postorder field.... now it works, duuh
Thanks!
Beat

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.