Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Someone with create_user Permission can add in a new user as an Administrator

This support ticket is created 7 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 7 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to: Limit 'create_user' ability to only allow creation of a user with lesser privileges

I visited this URL: wpadmin -> Add User

I expected to see: If I am an editor I can only create account with privileges of a lower status, i.e., Author

Instead, I got: My custom role which is less than an Administrator can create Administrator accounts.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Stuart,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Unfortunately such a functionality does not exist in our plugins.

In order to do this you will need to perform some custom coding. Such custom coding is out of the scope of our forum support and I would highly recommend that you contact one of our certified partners in order to get this functionality.

You can contact them by going to the link below.
https://toolset.com/errata/

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.