Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Some Views CSS/JS do not load properly using custom wp dir and WP_CONTENT_DIR

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.45 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Beda 4 years, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Beda.

Author

When WP_CONTENT_DIR and WP_CONTENT_URL is employed to use an alternate content directory while giving WordPress its own directory (https://codex.wordpress.org/Giving_WordPress_Its_Own_Directory) some views related styles and scripts result in 404s in admin.

example.dev folder structure :

/
|-- app
|     |-- plugins
|     |    |-- wp-views
|     |
|     |-- themes
|     |    |-- twentyfifteen
|     |
|     |-- uploads
|
|-- wp (wordpress files)
|-- .htaccess
|-- index.php

define the following in wp-config.php:

define( 'WP_CONTENT_DIR', $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . '/app' );
define( 'WP_CONTENT_URL', '<em><u>hidden link</u></em>'.$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']. '/app');

navigate to the plugins admin url:
hidden link

css/js expected paths:
hidden link
hidden link

css/js actual paths (non existant):
hidden link
hidden link

Waqas
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Can you please provide some debug information about your site? Please see https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/ for more information.

I have enabled debug information area for your next reply.

This happens on a fresh new install of WordPress 4.3 set up as described above with only views 1.10 installed.

Waqas
Supporter

Thank you for providing the details. This issue is already in some consideration by our Dev Team. However, I have forwarded this one too. I hope they will come up with a suggestion or a solution.

I or one of the team member will update you, as soon as there's a progress.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Waqas
Supporter

I just wanted to update you that the said issue is under the development, and most probably be fixed in the next release. However, there's not an ETA provided so far.

I apologize the delay here

We are currently working on a major refactor of all the code located inside the toolset-common directories in each Toolset plugin.

It involves reorganization of files, new and shared utilities, a common loader to avoid comaptibility and release issues and some cleaning - included the removal of this wp-pointer.php file and all its assets.

When exactly our developers will release a Update including the required Fix is not up-to us Supporters to determine.
Each issue reported in, whether a bug or a new feature request, is taken seriously into consideration.
It is given a high or low priority based on a number of factors.
Factors which those with the overview of all things related are in the best position to determine.
I apologize any inconvenience this may cause.

Please do not hesitate to open a new thread if other issues or problems arise

Thank you for your patience.