Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Some views are not working after plugin update

This support ticket is created 4 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by krishna-praveenM 4 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
missing-views.png

I am trying to:
Get a slider and a map (both made with Toolset Views) in a page where I used to see them until last update.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link (there are other pages with the same issue)

I expected to see:
At the bottom of the page I'm expecting to see a Google map and, under the map, a slider (see attachment). The views are printing some HTML but nothing is visible in the page.

Instead, I got:
nothing.
Strangely there are similar views that are still working: in the home page (hidden link) there's a slider - that is a twin of the one that here is not working - that is almost ok (look at the grey bar called "Centri di Eccellenza"). I say "almost ok" because this slider in the home page is ok only for logged-out users, if I load the page when I'm logged-in also this slider is not visible.

Thanks,
Nicola

Dear Nicola,

Thanks for the details, I can see the problem in URL you mentioned above.

And I see a JS error in that page:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'top' of undefined

Since Google Maps are based on Javascripts, so I suggest you try these:
1) Fix the JS errors first
2) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2019, and test again
3) If the problem still persists, please provide database dump file(ZIP file) of your website, also point out the problem page URL and view URL, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Hi Luo,
thank you for your indications. We had to disable JS minification and now the views are working correctly.

Nicola

Cannot add a new view after the 2.9.2 update. After I create a new view and try working with the loop editor nothing happens. Most of the functions are unresponsive. The codes remain frozen. I tried switching themes to the default word press theme and it did not help. Is there a way I can revert the previous version. Please help resolve this issue.
Thanks

New threads created by Luo Yang and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cannot-add-a-new-view-after-the-2-9-2-update/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.