Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Some specific content templates are not working

This support ticket is created 5 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.08 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 5 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

For some reason, once WPML has been activated with 2 languages (IT, primary and EN, secondary) some content templates have stopped working, and most importantly, they behave in a weird way

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

hidden link and its english translation hidden link

and hidden link and its translation hidden link

I expected to see: a behaviour like in the other pages which are working fine (they have content templates too) like
hidden link and its translation hidden link

Instead, I got a weird behaviour.

If I remove ALL the content templates from the pages i reported (the press release and sheet reports) the upper menus start to work.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

From what I can see the template seems to be working correctly.

Could you send a screenshot highlighting the issue on one of the pages?

Thanks,
Shane

bad-ain.JPG
good-ain.JPG

Can you see that in one page there is a menu with grey background

And in the other one there is not?
The grey menu is made by two content templates: one for the texts, one for the lines

All is done via visual composer.

The grey menu is not appearing on the pages i told you in my previous post, as well as the content template showing the lady "investor relator". Both the templates are not showing up.

Login in the WP-admin and you'll see that there are several content templates not showing in those specific pages i told you about.

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

From what I can see, both posts are not assigned to any content templates.

Their respective pages are built with 2 different templates. So they would look differently on the frontend.

See Links.
hidden link

hidden link

Thanks,
Shane

Hello Shane

If you look at the VISUAL COMPOSER i created a shortcode (mapped to VC) called WPV POST BODY which actually loads a content template.

If you open the frontend of those two pages you linked, in the first one (not working) you will see only showing the "bilanci-template-yearly" in the wpv-post-body.

The two shortcodes (MENU INVESTORS and MENU BARS) are not showing, as well as the second wpv-post-body, which is loading the template "investor-relator"

Instead, in the second page, you can see on the frontend that the two shortcode menus (the same as the previous page) and the investor relator wpv-post-body (which is the face of the girl with her contacts) are showing fine in the page.

This is crazy, since in one page they are working and in the other one not.
Is it more clear now?

Edit button does not work properly here.
When i say "Visual composer" i mean, in those two pages you linked, look at the VC editor (or using the classic editor look at the shortcodes)

You will see there is a shortcode wpv-post-body which is the standard you guys created, i just mapped it to the VC in order to use it properly in pages.

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

I'm really having difficulties recognising the issue.

From what I can see the content templates that i've checked are displaying all their relevant information on both translations.

Are you able to show me a clear difference in the appearance with and without WPML ?

Thanks,
Shane

3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg

Ok. Please follow these steps:

1 - open -> hidden link
2 - In another tab of your browser, open hidden link

So now you can look at the frontend and backend of this page.

Pictures 1 and 2 highlight the Menu Investors shortcode and the wpv-post-body with a template "investor-relator".

They are working fine on this page called Corporate Governance.

3 - Open -> hidden link
You will see this page is only showing: the header menu (black) and a table. 2018-2017-etc. Each button toggles the visibility of some content.

4 - Open -> hidden link which is the backend of the page of step 3, called BALANCE SHEETS AND REPORTS.

Can you see that in the backend, the same shortcode MENU INVESTORS and the same shortcode WPV-POST-BODY with content template "investor-relator" are present? They are the same as STEP 2.

But, on the frontend of BALANCE SHEETS AND REPORTS (step 3), the grey menu (menu investors) and the investor relator content template are not showing. (picture 3)

This is my problem.

It happens on the page BALANCE SHEETS AND REPORTS and on the page PRESS RELEASE (in both italian and english)

In the PRODUCTION WEBSITE (which is only in italian) it is working fine. It means something happens between toolset and wpml
(please refer to hidden link the italian version of BALANCE SHEETS AND REPORTS. As you can see THIS is how the page should look)

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

Thanks for the clear instructions. I was able to clearly see the difference between the two pages and the issue you are highlighting.

You mentioned that this works on the italian version of the site before wpml was added. I did a test to disable WPML and check the page again and the issue was still there.

It could be something wrong with the page itself.

Could you try deleting these pages and re-creating them ?

Thanks,
Shane

I tried to create a new page with the same content, from scratch.

The problem persists. Both in italian and english

On chrome the EDIT does not work here.

I want to point out that the problem lies in the [WPV-POST-BODY bilanci-template-yearly] shortcode. If you remove that, the upper menu and the investo relator at the end of the page appear correctly.

Why?

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

I checked this again for you.

The issue is being caused directly by this view .
hidden link

What I recommend that you do is to delete this view and duplicate the working view and then modify it for this template.

Thanks,
Shane

Unfortunately your solution does not work.
Can you try yourself? :/

I tried to do every thing. Change page, change view, change content template.

Something is wrong and it does not make sense at all.

Why is it?

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

It seems you've deleted the view that I wanted to try and re-create.

Could you let me know what the view was displaying so that I can setup a new one ?

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.