Skip Navigation

[Resolved] some posts don’t display using the assigned content template

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
content template is not assigning on some posts, and Content template meta box is missing.

Solution:
If you are not using Toolset Layouts plugin then please temporarily deactivate Layouts plugin and then assign Content Template on the post.

Please go to: Toolset >> Content Templates >> Hover on your Content Template >> Click Change usage >> Unassign >> Save.

Then Again click on Change Usage and again assign this Content Template on Custom post type and Save. Screenshot here: https://toolset.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/571382-Change_usage.png?x65254

This support ticket is created 6 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by malagaS 6 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author
content-template.jpg

I am trying to: use content template for custom post types

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: dev server

I expected to see: all posts of the same custom post type to display using the content template assigned to this custom post type.

Instead, I got: some posts display with template, some display with generic theme post template. also, when i edit the post, the posts that do display using the assigned content template give me an option to choose a content template and also an option to choose a template layout. the ones that do not display using the assigned content template only give me the choice to choose a template layout. the option to choose a content template is missing.

thank you!

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Malaga,

Thank you for contacting Toolset support.

Could you please also try to check it by deactivating all third-party plugins (except Toolset) and switching back to the Default Theme (e.g. Twenty Sixteen theme) to see for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

If you are not using Toolset Layouts plugin then please deactivate Layouts plugin and then assign Content Template on the post “Adventure Kinderland”.

Thank you

i wasn't using layouts plugin so i deactivated. then the content template option showed up for the adventure kinderland post and i'm able to apply it - works. question: will i need to go one by one and apply the content template to each post? if the content template is marked to be applied to the post type, why isn't it applied to some of the posts? is there any way i can re-trigger that - or do a bulk update? thanks.

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Change usage.png

No, you don't need to apply CT one by one on each post. Please go to: Toolset >> Content Templates >> CVB Directory Listings Single post >> Change usage >> Unassign >> Save.

Then Again click on Change Usage and again assign this CT on Custom post type and Save. Screenshot attached.

Thank you

beautiful. best thing that's happened all day! lol...thank you.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.