Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Some Layouts are corrupt (not editable) after upgrade to Layouts 1.1

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Riccardo Strobbia 6 years, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shane.

Author

Dear Support Team,
after upgrading to Layouts 1.1. I tried to change some Layouts but cannot edit them anymore. It seems to be the same issue as mentioned here: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/parent-layout-corrupt-after-upgrade-to-1-0/ and here: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/layouts-1-0-parent-view-broken/
In my case the issue apparently occurs only in certain child layouts...
Thanks for your help!

err.jpg

Me too. In all layouts I try to modify, the screen stops as the attached image.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Guys,

Thanks for contacting our support forum.

Are there any errors being experienced on the website?

Also could you try disabling your plugins to see if that helps.

I would also advise that you check by using the google chrome console to see if there are any errors being generated on the page.

To inspect the element simply right click the browser window and select inspect element.

The next thing is to click on "Console".

Let me know if there are any errors.
Thanks

Dear Shane,
thanks for your reply, but your suggestions seem to go into another direction. My problem is that I cannot change certain layouts (in the backend). They are visible, but I cannot edit them (there is no pencil in the center of the cells and I cannot change or add anything).
I am not having any issues on the front end (so no errors in the inspector). Also its only in 3 layouts (detected so far) and most others are working, so another plugin can not cause the problem (in that case the problem should occur in all layouts, right?).
The problem seems to have been solved before here: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/parent-layout-corrupt-after-upgrade-to-1-0/
Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jonathan,

What I can do for you is to get in touch with our developers so that they can have a look at this for you. They may have already worked out a solution for this, so please be patient with me as I try to get in contact with them.

In the mean time could you create a temporary admin account for me so that once the developer replies we can have a look at the website.

I will be enabling the private fields for you to submit the credentials.

Thanks.

Dear Jonathan,

I am in on behalf of Shane, I am going to set next reply as private and enable a form where you can submit your access (admin) information.

Can you please provide also the admin urls to the 3 "broken" layouts so we can directly access them and debug the issue?

@Stafano: I am going to do the same for you in the next reply so you won't see each other server accesses.

Thanks in advance, best regards
Riccardo

Dear Stefano,

I am in on behalf of Shane, I am going to set next reply as private and enable a form where you can submit your access (admin) information.

Can you please provide also the admin urls to the "broken" layouts so we can directly access them and debug the issue?

Thanks in advance, best regards
Riccardo

Hi Riccardo, the problem was only from one PC (my brand new notebook). I tried with some different browsers, different connections, antivirus enabled and disabled, but nothing.... the result was as the attached image in my previous post.

The layout was not really broken, from other PC of my office is fine. The page stops loading for an unknown cause and the source html page results "cutted".

I'll let you know why this happens only when I try to edit a Layout. Other features of wordpress and other plugins are regular.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jonathan,

Our developer is currently creating a local copy of your website.

This way we can debug the issue in a safe environment and not to break anything on your live site.

Please be patient as a patch for this issue is being currently worked on.

Thanks

Dear Stefano,

i suspect your issue and Jonathan's are of different nature.

From what I understand the issue you are experiencing only on your laptop may be caused by a memory leak / php timeout.

Can you please:

- increase the allocated memory and time out from your php.ini and restart apache;
- let us know the original values and - if it works - the values you needed to use to make the editor load;
- provide a screen shoot of the same page with Chrome debugger console opened?

Thanks a lot in advance, best regards
Riccardo

Screen Shot 2015-04-23 at 01.52.42.png

Dear Jonathan,

the issue you are experiencing comes from the use of "srcset" attribute in Chrome.

This is a Chrome issue and it is not related to Toolset products, please try to open the layouts in question with Firefox or Safari (I would stick to FF to be sure) and you'll be able to edit the cells normally as you can see from the attachment.

@stefano: as I mentioned before your issue is different and we're handling it as a bug.

Best regards,
Riccardo

Dear Riccardo,
thanks a lot for your help. Great support guys! Just to let you know: I am having the issues on Safari as well. Firefox works...
All the best
Jonathan

Just to inform you: It's now not even working with Firefox anymore. Strangely enough it did work for a little while today and now the same issue as in the other browser occurred...

Dear Jonathan,

I am addressing this one now, it won't be a big deal to fix and I'll then provide a patch if you need it.

Please stand by, best regards
Riccardo