Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Some JS don’t work on view

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The user was using a custom Javascript code to format a number to be displayed with a "space" after each 3 digits

Solution:
The code was not correct, it only handled thousands and was not correct for bigger numbers.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by romanB-3 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Hi,
On on this page hidden link I have this code

function formatNumber(num) {
  return num.toString().replace(/(d)(?=(d{3})+(?!d))/g, '$1 ');
}
function changePriceFormat(){
  //Code en page <em><u>hidden link</u></em>
  //prix en CFA
  var prix_cfa = jQuery(".prix-cfa");
  for (var i = 0; i < prix_cfa.length; i++) { 
      var price = parseInt(prix_cfa.eq(i).text());
      prix_cfa.eq(i).text(formatNumber(price));
   }
}

jQuery(document).ready(function( $ ){
  	changePriceFormat();
});

jQuery( document ).on( 'js_event_wpv_parametric_search_results_updated', function( event, data ) {
	changePriceFormat();
});

but on front (hidden link) the code doesn't apply, and my figures still are unformated.

On the other hand, the same code works properly here hidden link

Thank you.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

As you may know from our support policy, custom code is out of the scope of this forum. We'll, still, help you if this code was suggested by us. In that case, please let me know which ticket this code was suggested in it.
https://toolset.com/toolset-support-policy/

Otherwise, I'll suggest, to asking in a general-purpose forum such as StackOverflow, or hire a developer to help you with it. Check our partner's list here https://toolset.com/contractors/

As a quick hint, I think that the code adds a space after the thousands, and that this code is not very generic it will only work for thousands, it won't work for higher numbers, you may want to change the second line with:

return x.toString().replace(/\B(?=(\d{3})+(?!\d))/g, " ");

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.