Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Social Share Icons Not Showing

This support ticket is created 3 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by DaveR6137 3 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am trying to: Display Social Share Icons inside a Blocks Template.

These were working on the 28th Jan (as I found a screen shot!) - and are still working on other sites on the same multisite install with similar plugins. The Social Share is also working on the Homepage - which is a normal page. Mud and Routes is the Primary multisite install.

I've tried troubleshooting - and with the minimal plugins needed to show the layout etc on the front end active, the icon's don't show. I've also tried disabling litespeed and Wordfence as well as disabling Cloudflare - but no change. I've cleared every cache and tested on Chrome and Firefox.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
Here's an example (I've numerous templates and social share isn't showing on any of them)
hidden link - Should be below the page title and above the body.
and on the homepage it is working which is just a regular wordpress page designed using the block editor:
hidden link

Also works perfectly here - hidden link - where the settings and plugins are largely identical. Also working here - hidden link

I'm getting no console issues on the front end, but there are numerous issues on the console while editing layouts with Blocks (and very slow - I have to disable YOAST to save some of the templates).

There are DIVS on the front end where the icons should be loading - but nothing shows.

Any ideas?

(I've not added any screenshots as its easier for you to open those links and check the page source. I can provide more info on the backend and access if needed).

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Here's an example (I've numerous templates and social share isn't showing on any of them)
hidden link - Should be below the page title and above the body.
==>
With the above link where you claim that social icons are not displayed, when I checked the page source, I can see the social icons are actually rendered but somehow it has some CSS conflict that it does not visible on the page somehow.

Can you please check and see if there is any CSS conflict as I can see social icons actually rendered on the page and I can see the related html is added to page source.

Hi Minesh,

Thanks for taking the time to look at this issue.

I've taken a look at the CSS on the page with the issue and on a page where the code is working - and I can see where the icons should be but they're not rendering. I can't see any conflicts. Tried rolling back plugins installed since 29th Jan, no change.

If there's nothing obvious that's causing this - then I'm happy to close this ticket as I've reinstalled a social share plugin that I'd previously replaced with the Social Share Blocks.

I've left the non-rendering block on this page - hidden link - in case you want to take another look as this is using a different template.

Thanks.

Minesh
Supporter

It looks like we have a bug with our social share block with the current version.

Please allow me to report this to our next level support. I'll get in touch with you as soon as I know more.

Thanks Minesh,

I'll await your update and re-instate the share blocks once they're working.

Cheers.
Dave.

Minesh
Supporter

I got the news that fix for this issue will be shipped with next release of Toolset Blocks version 1.4.1.

I'll keep you posted once we release that version.

Minesh
Supporter

I would like to inform you that Toolset Blocks 1.4.1 is published that contains the fix for this issue.

Can you please update Toolset Blocks plugin and try to resolve your issue. You can download the latest plugin release from your accounts page:
=> https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

Just to confirm that the social shares now work perfectly.

I had to re-open the pages / templates which contained the block in order for them to re-appear - just in case someone else has the same problem and wonder why the icons don't reappear immediately.

Thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.