Skip Navigation

[Resolved] So much confusion… feedback for Toolset

This support ticket is created 6 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice.

Last updated by GTD9219 6 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

You guys have no idea how much I want to love Toolset. I see its power, support is awesome, it's clearly comprehensive... but am so confused by it. I am nearing the end of my 30 day refund period and am trying to decide if I want to stay committed. I am not just whining because it isn't easy. I have spent 3-4 weeks of my life deeply adventuring through the rabbit holes of documentation and the forum... but I'm just at a loss. Content Templates, Layouts, poor theme integration, child layouts... so much confusing, dual meaning, and conflicting terminology. I am a very technical person, but not a developer. I have been using WordPress for 10 years and launched over 100 sites on it. I have experimented across a few sandbox sites with different themes (including the Toolset Starter Theme) and/or builder combinations to build a pretty basic Toolset-based, site with a many-to-many CPT config... and just can't seem figure out how to built a solid, responsive WP site.

Perhaps I'm just venting because I'm so disappointed... I really want to make Toolset the center of my digital publishing and life... but just can't seem to make it work.

I was incredibly frustrated and discouraged when I opened this ticket. I have been trying Toolset with other themes and builders and it isn't as difficult. I have been using Divi for years... and it seems most of my frustration is related to Divi + Toolset.

Please close this ticket.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.