Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Smiley in email object

This support ticket is created 4 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hello,

I added a smiley on the subject of the email in CRED and that made me disappear the notifications from this publication form.

Why ? is it possible to put a smiley?

Thank you

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Christophe,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I've performed some tests on my website, but couldn't reproduce this issue.

Screenshot back-end: hidden link
Screenshot front-end: hidden link

Can you please share temporary admin login details along with the link to the page with the form and the exact steps to reproduce this?

Note: Your next reply will be private and though no changes will be made on your website, please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing the admin access.

I tested the soccer ball icon on my test website and it worked without any issue.

Screenshot back-end: hidden link
Screenshot front-end: hidden link

To troubleshoot why this is happening on your website, I'll suggest the following steps:

1. Please test this with all non-Toolset plugins disabled and a default theme like Twenty Twenty.

If it's fixed, you can start adding the disabled items, one-by-one, to narrow down to a possible conflicting one.

2. In case the issue still persists, I'll need to know exactly which form you used for testing as currently there are about 29 post forms on your website.

regards,
Waqar

Hello,

You can test with the form: A test (ID: 14533)

Thanks

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for waiting, while I performed some further troubleshooting.

I noticed that in your form's notification, you're using a shortcode from "WP SVG Icons" plugin.

The way that plugin shows icons, it requires its own HTML & CSS code and font file, which can't be used in Toolset's form notifications.

To add the support for fully customizable HTML email templates, you're welcome to submit a feature request:
https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

For now, you can use Smileys or Emoji icons, which don't require any specific HTML & CSS code or font file:
https://wordpress.org/support/article/emoji/
https://wordpress.org/support/article/using-smilies/

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

Hello,

It was a test.
But if I put this kind of smiley⚽ my notification will be deleted

Thanks

Waqar
Supporter

Thanks for writing back.

I can see the issue of disappearing form notifications when the smiley is used on your website, but not on my test website. I even tested this with the same fields and HTML code as your test form.

This suggests that some code from the active theme or a third-party plugin is interfering with the form notifications of your website.

As suggested earlier, you can test this with all non-Toolset plugins disabled and a default theme like Twenty Twenty.

If it's fixed, you can start adding the disabled items, one-by-one, to narrow down to a possible conflicting one.

In case, the issue still persists, I'll need a clone/snapshot of your website, so that it can be tested on a different server, without affecting the actual website.
( ref: https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/ )

Please let me know how it goes and your next reply will be private.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.