Skip Navigation

[Closed] Slider with post titles as pagination

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Hector 9 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Caridad.

Author

Hi,

I am trying to setup a slider where my posts excerpts and thumbnails slide but instead of using the default dots to navigate through the slides, I want the actual post titles. I have been able to tweak the meta html to print two tables in a single loop, one with the excerpts and one with the titles. However, both remain within the same container so the titles do no remain fixed. Also, each iteration prints just one title per slide, which would be the exact same as printing them on a single loop.

For example: <a href="hidden link">hidden link;

Where the entire top part would be post content and slide horizontally, while the bottom bar would remain static as a means to trigger the ajax slider.

The link above is broken, I hope this works:

<a href="hidden link">hidden link;

Please notice this is what I am trying to achieve, NOT what I have managed to do yet.

hidden link

Dear Hector,

I have created a view for the featured images and another view for the titles. Both views are limited to the same number of results. In those views, I removed the [wpv-filter-meta-html] tag and left just the [wpv-layout-meta-html] tag, so that the output is clean. Use unformatted layouts. Then I inserted this code in a page (using the HTML tab):

<div id="slider-texts">[wpv-view name="Companies slider - texts"]</div>
<div id="slider-images">[wpv-view name="Companies slider - images"]</div>

<script type="text/javascript" src="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
jQuery(function( $ ) {
   $('#slider-images').cycle({timeout:0});
   $('#slider-texts a').click(function() {
       $('#slider-images').cycle($(this).index());
       return false;
   });
});
</script>

In this example I used the Cycle plugin to do the slide but there are numerous scripts available to choose from.

Regards,
Caridad

Thanks a lot Caridad. I had forgotten to close this ticket.

🙂

The topic ‘[Closed] Slider with post titles as pagination’ is closed to new replies.