Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Slider with Filters

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by mohamed-saadC 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
query.png
Slider-pagination.png
loop.png
filter.png

I have some sort of a slideshow with a slider where I am showing all images .

Now I want to give my users the ability to filter for certain events or locations and customize the slideshow themeselves.
So I added some filters based on taxonomy and custom slugs. (i hope I am using the right words - see screenshot in german)
So the I have my filters above the slider and they are working fine, BUT
the sliders then stopps going to the next image. If I click the pagination arrows it works, but the 5 second delay between slides is ignored.
(I made some screenshots of my settings).

What am I doing wrong here?
Detailed description would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Michael

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello Michael and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Actually, that is the intended and expected behavior of the slider view. When the view is initialized in the frontend, it starts moving the slides each 5s(or the configured period). But once the user takes an action on the slider, the moving animation stops and it became static again, to let the user navigate it manually. Currently, there is an option to stop the animation while the user is hovering the slider. But once the user takes action, the slider stops animating.

As a workaround, you can deactivate the AJAX filtering of the view, each time the user will filter, the page will load again and the slider will initialize again. But once, the user chooses a page, for example, the slider will stop.

If you need this feature or an API to start the slider again, please ask it on this page https://toolset.com/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

So, do I understand you correctly, if a user is changing some filtering for the slider, there is currently no way to "start" the slider moving again? (for 5s intervalls)

Wow, I didn't expect that.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Jamal is on vacation. This is Minesh here and I will take care of this ticket. I hope this is OK.

As Jamal already explained the current situation, if you want slider view should work as per your expectations you should file a new feature request and our Product Manager will review it.
=> https://toolset.com/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

Hi Michael, could you please let us know how you fixed this issue?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.