Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Slider div height changing during transition

This support ticket is created 4 years, 12 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by geophray 4 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to: figure out why the slider div height is changing when the automatic transition is happening. After the transition ends, the div height returns to the normal height, but during the transition it is increased by 20px. This results in the page being "bumped" down for the duration of the slide transition and is annoying if you are below the slider on that page.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: This site is currently in my local environment, so I am not able to share a link, but here is a screencast of it in action: hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - actually, to help you out further I need problem URL and for that you need to setup a test site where I can see the issue because without reviewing your page and what HTML structure it generates its really hard for me to guide you in the right direction.

Basically, I need a way to check your page.

If you do not able to setup a test site then you can send me the duplicator copy of your site.
=> https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Geophray,

Minesh had assigned this ticket to me given that we are in a similar timezone.

I was able to see the issue and believe it is being caused by the divi builder's section probably trying to re-adjust to the slider which isn't needed.

What you can do is to assign a custom class or ID to this section and set it to a fixed height of 195px.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks Shane! I had tried that but it was still giving me grief. I ended up getting the Battle Suit for Divi Toolset Extension which allowed me to insert my view without the formatting issues I was having inserting it manually. Not sure why adjusting the div height wasn't working for me... I probably was changing the height of the wrong element or something. 😛

Thanks for your help!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.