Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Site search results page not displaying any results

This support ticket is created 4 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 4 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to: search my site using the default "search" widget.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Something... there are no results displayed, although there appear to be 22 pages of results by the pagination that is there.

Instead, I got: A blank results page with pagination for 22 pages of results - all of them blank. Upon inspection of the html it looks like the article html tags that get output for each of the relevant results with views disabled get replaced a single views div as shown below:

<div id="wpv-view-layout-35585" class="js-wpv-view-layout js-wpv-layout-responsive js-wpv-view-layout-35585" data-viewnumber="35585" data-pagination="{"id":"35585","base_permalink":"<em><u>hidden link</u></em>","query":"archive","type":"paged","effect":"fade","duration":500,"speed":5,"pause_on_hover":"disabled","stop_rollover":"false","cache_pages":"enabled","preload_images":"enabled","preload_pages":"enabled","preload_reach":1,"spinner":"builtin","spinner_image":"<em><u>hidden link</u></em>","callback_next":"","manage_history":"disabled","has_controls_in_form":"disabled","infinite_tolerance":"","max_pages":22,"page":1,"loop":{"type":"native","name":"search","data":{"s":"soul restoration"},"id":"35585"}}" data-permalink="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>">

</div>

I just noticed that we have another issue where the views are not being output on this page:

hidden link

Additionally the events listed on this page are not showing their map pin address and when clicked on it loads a 404 page not found error. (Even if you click on the view post link from the wp admin it loads the 404 error. )

Any ideas on what is causing this?

Hello,

The problem you mentioned above is abnormal, please try these:

1) Make sure you are using the latest version of Toolset plugins, you can download them here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

2) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2019, deactivate all custom PHP/JS code snippets, and test again

3) Also check if there is any PHP/JS error in your website:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.