Skip Navigation

[Resolved] “Single Product” template is missing it’s Product Description

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I use Divi, WooCommerce, and Toolset plugins together. When I activate WooCommerce Views and select the WC Views template for single Products, I am no longer able to see the Product's Long Description in the single Product page.

Solution: Use the post body shortcode inside your single Product Content Template to display the long description:

[wpv-post-body view_template="None"]

Relevant Documentation: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/getting-started-woocommerce-views/

This support ticket is created 6 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by zacharyL 6 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to: Use Toolset/Divi/WooCommerce together

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: Duplicator Package Provided (and previous support rep already downloaded it)

I expected to see: Product Long Description

Instead, I got: Either nothing or unexpected output

Summary:

The "Single Product" template is missing it's product long description (Missing: hidden link - Visible: hidden link). What's even weirder, if I leave the WooCommerce Views settings like so (hidden link), create a Single Product Layout like so (hidden link), I get undesired output in the Description area: hidden link

Hi, I see that your Single Product Content Template does not include any data. This is why the picture here includes no Description:
hidden link
If you want to include the Description here, you should add the post body shortcode to your Single Product Content Template:

I also see what you're describing about the Single Product Layout. When using Layouts and Divi, you must not assign a Layout to single Product pages if you do not want the design from Layouts to show up. Even if you choose not to use the WooCommerce Views template file, Layouts will still replace the main body content of the product post (which is the "Description" section in your Product page) with the content of the Layout. If you choose to use the WooCommerce Views template file, then everything except the site header and footer will be replaced by the design in your Layout. I hope this helps clear things up. Let me know if you have additional questions about integrating Layouts, Divi, and WooCommerce.

I'm finally understanding most of what's going on now, but I'm still getting the odd Product Long Description issue that's caused by Toolset. Here's hopefully a more clear explanation:

1. I have WooCommerce Views set to use WooCommerce's Default Templates: hidden link

2. I have completely unassigned the Single Product Layout, so it's not being used anywhere: hidden link

3. I have configured both a Long & Short Description: hidden link

4. The Long Description is missing when Toolset is enabled: hidden link

5. If I completely disable Toolset Views/WooCommerce Views/Layouts, the issue goes away: hidden link

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2017-08-20 at 9.35.46 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-08-20 at 9.35.41 AM.png

I'm finally understanding most of what's going on now, but I'm still getting the odd Product Long Description issue that's caused by Toolset.
Can I see your Content Template setup or a new Duplicator package? When you have Views / WooCommerce Views enabled, the Single Product Content Template is applied to Products.

To show the long description, you should add this code to the Content Template:

Then you should see the Long Description for all products. See the attached screenshots. I hope this helps clear things up a bit.

I think there must have been something messed up with my previous installation if those shortcodes were missing. Everything seems to be working now on my end. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.