Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Elementor single post template not displaying in Page

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I am using Elementor to create single post templates. When I try to display that template on a custom page, none of the custom fields display any content.

Solution: Instead of placing the Elementor template shortcode in the Page, place it in the loop of a View that returns some post or posts. Otherwise, the template does not know which post you want to display.

Relevant Documentation: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-toolset-with-elementor-page-builder/create-templates-for-custom-post-types-with-elementor-and-toolset/#limitations-when-using-elementor-and-toolset-templates-together

This support ticket is created 5 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mario 5 years ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Will not display single post in page

I am using elementor pro
I have created a elementor single template.
Create the design using dynamic content.
can see preview.

When I place it in a page none of the custom post data is displayed.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-toolset-with-elementor-page-builder/create-templates-for-custom-post-types-with-elementor-and-toolset/#limitations-when-using-elementor-and-toolset-templates-together

Hi, it sounds like you have created a single post template in Elementor for some custom post type. You would like to display that custom post on a Page somewhere on your site. Is that correct? Or is the problem occurring when you try to display the single post?

If the problem occurs when you try to display the single post, make sure no Toolset Content Template is assigned to this post type. This will cause a problem with Elementor templates.

If the problem occurs when you try to place an Elementor template in a custom Page using a shortcode, then you probably need to use a View to select the correct post, then insert the Elementor template shortcode in the View's loop editor.

inky carer page display.PNG
inky carer test1.PNG

I would like to display a single post using the elementor template on a page.

It displays using the elemenot template, when I view the custom post with in wp. There is no toolset content template assigned. So there should be no conflict.

When I display the elementor single post template on a page the design displays but no custom post field data is displayed.

https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-toolset-with-elementor-page-builder/create-templates-for-custom-post-types-with-elementor-and-toolset/

Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 11.31.59 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 11.32.08 AM.png

I would like to display a single post using the elementor template on a page.
You must create a View that returns the correct single post in the results. You can use a post ID filter to display the correct post. Then place the Elementor template shortcode inside the wpv-loop tags to display the single post template inside the View's loop.

I have deleted the reply

I have deleted the reply

Okay I will stand by for your update.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.