Skip Navigation

[Resolved] since updating to Types beta, one of my fields is giving an error

This support ticket is created 6 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Shane 6 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I have a radio button field (called work-status) with 3 values, which I was displaying in a table, but now the values are not displayed and I get the following errors for each post in the table:

Warning: Illegal string offset 'id' in /nas/content/staging/clayjohnson/wp-content/plugins/types/application/models/field/type/radio/mapper/legacy.php on line 50

Warning: Illegal string offset 'checked' in /nas/content/staging/clayjohnson/wp-content/plugins/types/application/models/field/type/radio/mapper/legacy.php on line 51

Is there any documentation that you are following?
No

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

hidden link

Hi, can you share the following information?
- What are the labels and values of each option in your radio button group?
- What code are you using in your View or Content Template to place the data in the table? Please share the full Content Template and / or Loop Output.
- Did you also update to the latest Views beta, or only Types?

loop-template.jpg
front-end.jpg
edit-field.jpg

Yes, I did update to the latest Views beta. I think the screenshots will answer your other questions. Thanks.

Okay thanks, a couple more questions:
- When was this radio button group created: before installing any betas, after installing the first beta, or after installing the second beta?
- Did you initiate the relationship migration process in Toolset > Settings > Custom Content > Relationships?

Radio button created before any betas, maybe 2 years ago.

Yes, many-to-many relationships are enabled.

I haven't been able to replicate this reliably, so it would be helpful for me to create a clone of your site and run some additional tests locally. Could you follow the steps here to provide a site clone for me to download? I will enable private reply fields here so you can share the link in confidence.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Clay,

As Christian is on vacation I will be handling this ticket. I'm not able to do much with the zip file that you provided since it doesn't contain the database.

Could you try creating the backup with the all in one Migration plugin and then providing me with this file? The private fields have been enabled once more.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.